The process of applying for disability benefits can be extremely challenging for someone who is not familiar with the system. The fact is that more than 65 percent of the people who start the process on their own have their initial claims turned down. A lawyer can significantly improve your chances of getting Social Security Disability by presenting your case in the most favorable light.
The Poindexter Law Firm can help disabled people obtain benefits from a variety of different sources in addition to Social Security Disability. Our experience and knowledge allows us to help you get the benefits you deserve.
Do you qualify?
Partial list of Qualifying Disabilities for SSD:
- Musculoskeletal System Disorders
- Special Senses & Speech Disorders
- Respiratory System Disorders
- Cardiovascular System Disorders
- Digestive System Disorders
- Genitourinary System Disorders
- Hematological Disorders
- Skin Disorders
- Endocrine System Disorders
- Impairments that Affect Multiple Body Systems
- Neurological Disorders
- Mental Disorder
- Malignant Neoplastic Diseases
- Immune System Disorders
This is not a complete list, so call today to find out if your disability is covered by Social Security Disability.
Questions To Ask:
Are you working?
If you are working and making an average of more than $860 a month, you generally cannot be considered disabled.
Is your condition “severe”?
For your claim to be considered, your condition must interfere with basic work-related activities.
Is your condition found on SSA list of disabling conditions?
For each of the major body systems, the Social Security Administration has a list of disabling conditions. If your condition is severe but not on the list, the SSA must determine if it interferes with your ability to work as you did previously.
Can you do any other type of work?
If you cannot do the work you did in the past, the SSA may require you to do other work.
How can a Social Security Disability lawyer help ?
If you allow us to take your case we will do the following:
- Gather necessary medical evidence that support your claim and, if necessary, retrieve medical opinions regarding your treatment or disability
- Ensure your application is properly filed with the local Social Security Office
- Be your advocate in all proceedings and hearings
- Help you prepare your testimony
- Challenge arguments made by experts who testify against you
- Articulately and knowledgeably argue for your right to receive disability payments
- Fight for your right to become eligible for Medicare coverage (which is very important if your health insurance has already or is about to expired)
- Seek Supplemental Security Income (SSI), if needed
If your Social Security Disability benefits have been denied, it is time to get serious help from a Social Security Disability Lawyer. Poindexter Law Firm, PSC can help you get the money that is rightfully yours.